Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I have a problem with my Buick Century 2007, any mechanics out there?

When I turn the engine off, it takes at least an hour to turn back on. Sometimes it doesn't though. It seems to have a mind of it's own. It only has 40,000 miles on it. Also, I know when it is not going to start up right away when I turn the engine off, the doors will not automatically unlock. It also makes a strange clicking sound when I run the car. People tell me it might be the computer in the car. Does anyone know what this might be and how much it might cost. I don't think it is the starter, because the problem has been a couple of months.I have a problem with my Buick Century 2007, any mechanics out there?The question as posed does not give enough information, does the engine crank but not start? then it maybe the anti theft system, if it cranks but does not start may be an ignition or fuel problem. The door lock thing is likely to be a broken or weak connector or connection or even the body control computer.I have a problem with my Buick Century 2007, any mechanics out there?
Thank you very much for the answers, it turned out to be a loose wire to my transmission. The dealership only charged me 85 bucks!! What a relief!

Report Abuse

I have a problem with my Buick Century 2007, any mechanics out there?Well sounds like a odd problem. your discription leads me to believe you have a body control module problem. also may have something to do with the factory anti-theft system, which is tied to the body control module. Have it looked at and with the age I can't see why it wouldnt be under some type of warrantyI have a problem with my Buick Century 2007, any mechanics out there?
Check with your local dealer for recall info.

Some of these types of cars have the ignition key programmed to the cars anti theft module and they did have a lot of problems with them.I have a problem with my Buick Century 2007, any mechanics out there?being only a year old but with 40000 miles i would suspect the original battery and its connections

No comments:

Post a Comment