Saturday, March 10, 2012

Why does my 99 Buick Century accelerate on its own?

When I start it the engine revs really high, then when I put the car in drive the car wants to accelerate on its own without me touch the gas. Sometimes after a mile or two it will stop and run normal. Also when I shut the car off and restart it that seems to help 50% of the time. Any ideas?Why does my 99 Buick Century accelerate on its own?clean out the throttle body ! my 88 oldsmobile did that and i had to take the air filter nose off and clean the inside of the throttle body out with throttle body cleaner.what happens is that butterfly gets carbon up and it can,t drop back to idle.Why does my 99 Buick Century accelerate on its own?there must be something wwrong with the throttle linkages or servo

No comments:

Post a Comment