Saturday, March 10, 2012

Why does the Service Engine Soon light on my late-90s Buick Century keep going on and off?

The service engine soon light has gone on and off a few times in the past month. I have noticed that typically it will go on on warmer days when I am driving around a city (low speeds) or idling for extended periods of time in warmer weather. Then it will usually go off about an hour later. Ideas? Thanks!Why does the Service Engine Soon light on my late-90s Buick Century keep going on and off?You have a fault in one or more of the systems the computer is monitoring which causes a feedback outside the parameters it expects to see, triggering the check engine light. Even when the light goes off, the chances are the fault has been stored in memory. What error codes does the scan give you? Post them in your question, and I can give you more information as to the system and possible fix.Why does the Service Engine Soon light on my late-90s Buick Century keep going on and off?
I wish I knew. My 95 Chevy truck does the same thing. I have tried scanning it for computer errors, but OBD-I is not as friendly as ODB-II in newer carsWhy does the Service Engine Soon light on my late-90s Buick Century keep going on and off?It could be a Faluty sensor. Take it to someone like autozone and have them run a check on the light, its free.Why does the Service Engine Soon light on my late-90s Buick Century keep going on and off?
Maybe it needs servicing, usually that's what the light means, have it checked out by a mechanicWhy does the Service Engine Soon light on my late-90s Buick Century keep going on and off?Probably, a difference between the oxygen sensor, before the catalytic converter, and the one after. an intermittant connection on one or the other, would be my guess.Why does the Service Engine Soon light on my late-90s Buick Century keep going on and off?
When it flashes count the flashes and you will have the coda , However for everything you need to have it scanned with a star tester

No comments:

Post a Comment