Saturday, March 10, 2012

How do I open the hood of a 92 Buick LeSabre with a broken hood release cable?

The hood release has been wearing out. Now it has finally given up, and will not release. I have looked in and under the grill, but I can't see a cable anywhere.

And to top it off, my battery is dead, so I can't take it to a shop.

Thanks!How do I open the hood of a 92 Buick LeSabre with a broken hood release cable?the cable runs along the radiator support frame so it is hard to get hold of the cable from front of car, if your cable needs replacing check under car by firewall to see if you pull on it from the firewall and pull on the cable with pliers, you may have to cut cable housingHow do I open the hood of a 92 Buick LeSabre with a broken hood release cable?
it depends on where the cable has broken, if it is inside the car that it broke then you can separate the coating and then grab it with some pliers and open it, but if it is under the hood then your in trouble, you may have to have it taken to a shop to have it repaired.How do I open the hood of a 92 Buick LeSabre with a broken hood release cable?doesn't that hood open from the rear?(windshield).How do I open the hood of a 92 Buick LeSabre with a broken hood release cable?
well I have had to use a screw driver and crawl underneath and pop my hood before and its a painHow do I open the hood of a 92 Buick LeSabre with a broken hood release cable?Been where you're at my friend (I once owned an 89' LeSabre). Gonna have to get the cable fixed.How do I open the hood of a 92 Buick LeSabre with a broken hood release cable?
sounds like the front grill might have to come off. then look up in there and find the arm, ware that cable is attached to. Now all you have do is trip that arm till the hood pops up some, reach under there, trip the secondary latch and raise the hood. there is a concern that some of the bolts that hold the grill on, may not be gotten at because the hood won't open. In that case your gonns havr to do the best you can
LOOK FOR THE CABLE UNDER THE DASH AND PULL IT WITH SOME PLIERS

No comments:

Post a Comment