Saturday, March 10, 2012

Will a stock 3800 series II supercharger off of a Buick or montecarlo fit on my 3800 camaro?

I have a 3.8l 3800 v6 camaro and i was wondering if a 3.8l 3800 supercharger off of a side monted (front wheeldrive) car would bolt right on and if any one knows the awnser about how much hp would it addWill a stock 3800 series II supercharger off of a Buick or montecarlo fit on my 3800 camaro?according to my research Ive been doing per customer requests of the same issue. They will, but you have 2 things. first the heads I believe will be needed from the doner supercharged engine. Also keep in mind that the compression ratio and piston to valve clearance should be checked if you do the head swap. You will also need to change the ECU and maybe the harness to make it work. Or send your current ECU to Ed Wright and have reflashed or another place for that change. Im not sure on the HP/TQ but im sure it will be more than worth the swap effort. My reasoning is you can change pulleys, air %26amp; fuel ratio and timing ect. With the proper tune and that those engines make the Grand Prix GTX run some impressive times for just a FWD 4 Door Car. Also the intake on the back of the supercharger may be close to the cowl on the camaro. It will be trial and error and you wont know alot for sure until you get into the project further. from what I can tell in my research the 3.8 block is the same from 96-up so the top end should swap for sure. But just the supercharger Im not sure. All this effort it maybe worth while just to convert it into a LT1 or LS1 car!!. Something to think about! Good LuckWill a stock 3800 series II supercharger off of a Buick or montecarlo fit on my 3800 camaro?
I'd get the ECM off of the car as well and it would work for reading the air/fuel mixture and timing.

Turbo's are easier to hook up and the torque is better.Will a stock 3800 series II supercharger off of a Buick or montecarlo fit on my 3800 camaro?yes it will but the computer might reject it it is better to buy 1 for the car like on ebay or from a dealerWill a stock 3800 series II supercharger off of a Buick or montecarlo fit on my 3800 camaro?
It should if they are both series II. I have thought about doing the same thing I have not been able to find h.p. gains anywhere on the internet so I can't answer that part of the question.Will a stock 3800 series II supercharger off of a Buick or montecarlo fit on my 3800 camaro?Try the site in my link there is lots of info there. but please be polite...

1 comment:

  1. The 3800 supercharger being completely disassembled and rebuild with new high performance C-3 bearing and high strength coupler.

    3800 supercharger

    ReplyDelete