Saturday, March 10, 2012

If I swap in a small block Chevy into a 1985 Buick Regal will I be able to pass smog in CA?

Or will I need all the smog equipment for the SBC?If I swap in a small block Chevy into a 1985 Buick Regal will I be able to pass smog in CA?what year is the small block chevy??



I believe I once heard/read that swaps are smog legal as long as the engine youare putting in is the same year or "NEWER"..you cannot put in an older engine..... I'm not sure but I suspect that "Smog testing equipment" is looking for certain parameters on an engine...and if they don't come close to the year engine you have in the car...you may have problems passing!!



"Will you need the smog equipment??...........Your 1985 Buick has smog equipment to pass the test......So Yes..You need"ALL THE SMOG EQUIPMENT FOR A 1985 buick......

No comments:

Post a Comment