Saturday, March 10, 2012

I have a 2002 Buick Rendezvous,check engine came on mechanic says its the temperature control sensor-?

What is that and is it expensive ?I have a 2002 Buick Rendezvous,check engine came on mechanic says its the temperature control sensor-?You know you really should have asked the mechanic. I've never really heard of a temperature control sensor except for those luxury cars with automatic climate control. They sense the temp in the cabin and maintain it at a preset temp. You can't mean that can you? I don't think that would light up the check engine. If he meant "temperature sensor" then there are two, one for the computer and one for the gauge. The one for the computer will adversely affect your vehicle's running but is cheap and easy to replace. The other doesn't matter.I have a 2002 Buick Rendezvous,check engine came on mechanic says its the temperature control sensor-?Engine coolant temp sensor or air inlet temp - neither of these should be relatively expensive and most are readily accessible and easily replaced.

1 comment:

  1. I location of terminals for rear window defrost on 94 roadmaster sedan

    ReplyDelete