Wednesday, March 7, 2012

How many mpg would a 1967 1968 Buick riviera get?

Wondering how much would a 67 68 Buick riviera get right now the one I'm looking a is a 67 with the 430 engine this is my dream car but I'm a uni student and it's a great price .... Also how much would a 390 402 302 engine get as I'm also seeing some rivieras with that and also 1967 ford galaxie it's either a riv or galaxie



Thanks guysHow many mpg would a 1967 1968 Buick riviera get?That was before the EPA began reporting fuel economy numbers so there is no official figure. However, I rented a 1970 Chevy Nova that got 10 mpg in town so I would expect about 8 mpg city, 12-14 or so highway. In the 1960s that was acceptable; at 30 cents per gallon you could go a long way on $10. At $3 per gallon that means a hundred miles in town will cost somewhere around $35. The cost doesn't change that much with the specific engine.



Edit - I forgot to mention that short trips were *really* hard on fuel economy for cars that didn't have pre-heat. If you use it to get around campus don't expect better than 5 mpg for that service... I'm not kidding.How many mpg would a 1967 1968 Buick riviera get?Who cares! Its over 40 years old, has no overdrive, and a huge V8. You don't buy something like that for fuel economy. You want good gas mileage, get a plastic, wrong wheel drive, 4 banger. You want a solid, powerful, piece of Americana? Well, there's the Rivey!How many mpg would a 1967 1968 Buick riviera get?12

No comments:

Post a Comment