Sunday, March 4, 2012

Does anyone know how much it should cost to rebuild/ Replace the heads on a 1954 buick 322ci v8?

I had a compression test done and three of my cylinders are not firing and I was told I needed to rebuild the heads. I wanted to know what to expect on price and if I could do this myself or will the job require machining. This car is a driver so I need it to work more than look nice.Does anyone know how much it should cost to rebuild/ Replace the heads on a 1954 buick 322ci v8?you can have the valves done and have all th machine work done on it for about 300 bucks providing it doesn't have any cracks in the heads,those was bad to produce cracks in them,so have the machine shop magnuflux them before they start working on them,if one is cracked they can save it by welding it ,it could cost you anywhere from 3-500 bucks depending on what all they have to do to them,good luck and enjoy that on my dad use to own one of those,merry x-mas to you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment