Sunday, March 4, 2012

How do I fix the gas cap flap on my buick? it broke off & now just hangs about an inch below the hole?

The flap on my gas cap has broken, not completely off but it doesn't go up where it should, it's hanging there slightly below the hole waaa!How do I fix the gas cap flap on my buick? it broke off %26amp; now just hangs about an inch below the hole?The problem is the hinge and spring assembly inside the fender, if you are lucky it is the type that is bolted on. The fuel cover is mounted beside the plastic cup liner at the neck top, you must remove the screws and take this out to examine. Then you will be able to see how it is attached to the inside of the fender. If it is bolted on you will be able to go to the auto recycle yard and buy a replacement. If it is the style that is welded on it is a more costly repair, you will need to have the body shop do that job. If you do not want to spend that type of money you could just get some velcro stick on dots,put them on the inside of the hatch and the rubber stopper it rests against.How do I fix the gas cap flap on my buick? it broke off %26amp; now just hangs about an inch below the hole?i don,t know for sure but i think you have to get to it from inside the trunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment