Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How do I loosen and remove the accessory drive belt on a '93 Buick Park Avenue (3.8L)?

Gotta replace a water pump tonight - and it's getting dark fast!How do I loosen and remove the accessory drive belt on a '93 Buick Park Avenue (3.8L)?On some models, you have to loosen the power steering pump in order to get the belt off. Keep in mind you have to support the engine as a motor mount has to be removed before the water pump can be removed. I don't believe that is a supercharged model. This job should take the average tech about 2.5 hrs. By the book. We also need to know if it has an idler pulley--if not , the tensioner should be the top center pulley and should have a 1/2 square hole in it that you put the tool in to release the tensioner How do I loosen and remove the accessory drive belt on a '93 Buick Park Avenue (3.8L)?
Relieve tension on belt tensioner.How do I loosen and remove the accessory drive belt on a '93 Buick Park Avenue (3.8L)?If you can't figure out how to remove the Serpentine belt are you sure you can handle doing the rest without a leak or incident?

One of the pulleys will have a bolt, probaly 15mm, you will have to pull down or up and the pulley will be spring loaded and pivot.How do I loosen and remove the accessory drive belt on a '93 Buick Park Avenue (3.8L)?
Look in your hand book or go on the web and find a buick forum, or get a hayne's manualHow do I loosen and remove the accessory drive belt on a '93 Buick Park Avenue (3.8L)?probably the same as my 88 oldsmobile. mine takes a 18 mm socket on the tensioner bolt. 1 way it tightens and the other way it loosens.How do I loosen and remove the accessory drive belt on a '93 Buick Park Avenue (3.8L)?
I have found that getting the belt back on and properly tensioned is more difficult than getting it off. are you sure you want to tackle this job?

No comments:

Post a Comment