Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How can I connect my iPod to a Buick 2006 Rendezvous?

My friend has a new (i think 2009) honda accord and he connected his iPod to his car via one cable. But he somehow just plugged it in with just 1 cable. Can I do so with just 1 cable? Or do I have to buy a big kit? Depending on your answer, where would I hook it up? ThanksHow can I connect my iPod to a Buick 2006 Rendezvous?Fairly simple to do.



1) Your friend probably has one of the new systems with an input jack on the front. That of course is the easiest.



2) If you have a Cassette tape deck in the car, use a "cassette adapter". It just plugs into the tape-deck like a cassette tape, and you plug it into the headphone jack of your iPod.



3) If neither 1 or 2 apply, then you'll need an "FM adapter". Again, it plugs into your headphone jack on the iPod. It broadcasts your music on an unused FM channel, and you pick it up on your FM Radio. I'll add a small "gotcha" about this though. A) The Quality of the music you hear is partly dependent on the quality of the unit you buy. B) Depending on where you live, if there isn't a lot of blank space between stations, it can bleed over to your music.



I bought a $10.00 unit for my iPod, and I have to admit, it sounds like a 10.00 unit most of the time. My unit also uses the iPod battery to run it, so the battery runs down a bit faster. Other units might allow you to plug them in to the cigarette lighter to charge too. Look around.

No comments:

Post a Comment